We operate a telephone call back appointment system which we believe will improve access to doctors and nurses at the surgery and get you the appointment you need, when you need it. You will be able to speak to a doctor or nurse for urgent and non urgent health problems.
How it works:
1. Call the surgery and ask to make an appointment with the doctor or nurse.
2. You will be asked for your name, a contact number and to give a brief outline of why you need an appointment. You don't have to tell the receptionist but it will help the clinicians to prioritise their call backs based on clinical need.
3. If you want to talk to a specific person tell the receptionist, whenever possible they will arrange it.
4. If the doctor or nurse thinks you need to come into the surgery to be seen, they will make an appointment for you.
5. When you call the surgery, if the person you want to speak to is busy , he or she will call you back as soon as they can. If you want a call back at a specific time, tell us and we will arrange to call back at that time where possible.
Making an Appointment
When you contact the surgery to book an appointment you will be asked about the reason for your visit. This is to enable us to direct you to the right person, as not all medical conditions need to be seen by a doctor.
The nurses are able to deal with conditions such as:
Boils/acne, , Coughs/colds/flu/sore throat, Diarrhoea/vomiting/constipation, Gynaecological problems, Headaches/migraine, Mouth ulcers, Non-specific viruses, Rashes, Skin infections, Sprains/strains, , Urinary infections, Worms/lice/scabies….
If they are concerned about your condition they will be able to get an opinion from the doctor.
Our appointment system is designed to allow the doctor or nurse to deal with one problem for each appointment.